Words...and words

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Three birthdays

November is a big birthday month for me. My dad, my sister, a cousin and atleast half a dozen friends were born in this month. One more was added to the list this year - Lizzy. And her birthday happened to fall on the 15th, making it a three-birthday day. Devesh and Neha of course are the previous members of this club. Unfortunately, as placements are going on, Lizzy's birthday was celebrated in a rather low-key manner. And as Devesh has only recently reached Hyderabad for training in Infosys, no great celebration for him either. I think Neha would have had a better celebration, especially with Sanket being in Bombay :)

I spent a rather lazy day today. Last night I slept at almost 4 after partly watching a Japanese animated romance "Spirited Away". At 8:30 am, Chhedi called. Somehow I woke up and heard him say that volunteers were required in the new campus for the placements. In a jiffy, I got ready and briskly walked to the welcome desk, some 4-6 minutes away from my dorm. And what did I see there? A bunch of volunteers sitting with nothing to do, and Moti grinning away in evil fashion. I had been tricked. There was no choice but to sulk a bit. Then I put in about 2 hours of work before going back to my dorm. Moti got back his dues though. He had to work for placecom till 10:30 in the night :) (Good show though, Moti).

After lunch, I completed the movie I began last night. "Spirited Away" is a good romance, though the dialogue is not special (perhaps the translation couldn't capture the subtleties). This was the first Japanese movie I have seen, so naturally I could not grasp many finer points and references. The main character Chihiro is a really nice kid though :)

Then I went to Westside and Crossword on CG Road. Got a soft toy for Vrisha from Westside. I hope she likes it.

Felt nice going to a bookstore after almost 4 months. I liked many books, but finally chose Jared Diamond's "Guns, Germs and Steel", an acclaimed exploration of the geographical and biological underpinnings of the course that human history took. Should be a great read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home