Words...and words

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

4 down, 2 to go

Another 15 hours and yet another set of midterms will be done with. So far, the four papers have all been not-very-difficult. I made mistakes in maths, but nothing that I'm terribly embarassed or upset about. Accounts today seemed like a very easy paper. I fear that the paper's ease was deceptive, and that a catch lurks somewhere that will ruin my whole paper. Since there was essentially only one long problem, I'll either get rather good grades or rather bad ones - I don't expect a middle path here.

My reading habit has finally ignited again. I have gathered a rather large collection on my reading table - 7 books in all, ranging from Gulliver's Travels to a novel based in 16th century Istanbul. I have borrowed these from friends (Khakee lent me "Hitchhiker's Guide", and Titli lent me the novel "My Name is Red" and Russell's "Sceptical Essays") and from WIMWI's library ("History of the World Economy"). I also to finsh my own books ("Wealth of Nations", "Gulliver's Travels" and Premchand's "Godaan"). I am flitting around from one to the other, slowly accumulating the page count in each book. I want to pick up the pace soon, up my reading to about 90 minutes or 2 hours a day and make up for the time I lost between June and October. Perhaps I should aim for a trip to the Ahmedabad Crossword around December 15 and begin building my book-collection again.

Finance and economics tomorrow. Time to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home