Words...and words

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Miserable day...for no reason at all

After two nights with rather little sleep (5 hours in all), I struggled to wake up today at 9, having slept at 1 yesterday. After finally rousing myself to proper consciousness, I woke my neighbour Chhedi and we both trudged off to attend a company presentation at 10 am. This was the 13th presentation I was attending in the last 15 days. Luckily this one was rather short and we were free before 11.

I had some food at CT and walked back to my dorm. Then I stayed in my room for pretty much the entire day, only going out for lunch at 2. I had forms to fill, but they were not very long. Yet I did nothing notable throughout the day. Went for dinner at 8 and finished more portions of a form. Had to give a placement related test at 10. Then went for Dhamki's birthday at midnight. Finally, a group meet at CT was convened to review our progress on a 10-page presentation due in 12 hours time - as is usual with us now, we had not even begun. I strolled back to D-18, amidst rather chilly winds, and the sounds of crackers bursting everywhere except in the vicinity of WIMWI's facchas.

Now here I am, typing into this blog, while my group mates work on the report...

...A miserable day indeed. Things are increasingly turning similar to my engineering days. I have begun wasting time like there is an unlimited supply. This time instead of the TV, it is the internet. Instead of concentrating on important things like reading good books (that's something that has to begin know - I cannot risk waiting until second year), writing and talking to friends, writing mildly interesting essays or even making good presentations, I have regressed back to reading and rereading websites till their words add no further knowledge - and then reading them again.

1 Comments:

At 12:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trust me ur group members are not working on the report...they hv decided to work on it tom morn n submit the report at 5pm...thanks to JIT techniques we learned so diligently in the last term

 

Post a Comment

<< Home