Words...and words

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Festivities

Yesterday night, a garba and dandiya event was organised in WIMWI. It was a colourful affair at the LKP, with both students and staff turning up, as well as some faculty and some from MICA and NID. The band could have been better, but the atmosphere was quite festive. I was there for a short period only - from 11:30 to 1, I think. And I couldn't properly remember all the steps I'd learnt in my visit to NID, and hence I did not dance much. The high levels of crowding did not help much either.


Life in general has also taken an upswing for me. It's becoming a fun stay with playing badminton, and dancing and eating out taking priority over all mugging. I can't wait for the celebration of Diwali, perhaps on the terrace of D18.

Ankit was in WIMWI on Wednesday. He did not stay long, but we manged to take a round of the campus. He was surprised to see the empty campus. I'm now very used to it, but I think this campus is much quieter than most other colleges. Students here tend to stay in their rooms or dorms. Walk about 500 m from one end of the campus to the other, especially in late evening, and you may see only a dozen or two persons on the way. Ankit was also not impressed with the brick buildings. It was my reaction too, when I came here in February for my interview. Now I just love this place and its bricks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home