Words...and words

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Back to Ahmedabad

The tucchas told us that this will be the lightest of all the terms we spend in the first year at WIMWI. So when I reached here at 7:30 am, I was expecting a nice, relaxed time, at least till the end of the weekend. I paid the fees and went to collect the study material for the term. And my welcome to WIMWI jolted me to reality - the books we were given weigh a ton and I could barely manage to carry them back to my room. The others too had trouble with this weight-lifting exercise.



And the readings for the first day in economics itself totalled some 60 pages (in a smallish print). The term has begun really auspiciously.

The last week, which I spent in Bombay, was great. I managed to see almost all my friends who're still in Bombay. Unfortunately, I couldn't meet Aditi, Ashish and Priyanka. Perhaps during my next visit, in November. Also fun was riding in the BEST buses and local trains. I was very intrigued by the reduction in railway fares - perhaps the first time I have seen a decline in prices charged by the Indian railways. Obviously the most fun I had was playing with my niece Vrisha.


So back it is to WIMWI, and I am looking forward to a great term.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home