Words...and words

Monday, September 05, 2005

Last week blues

How I wish these blues were due to sadness on account of classes ending! Instead we are all swamped by three submissions due in the next two days, plus some concerns about the exams next week, and of course the continuing presence of three of our section-mates in the hospital. I for one have pretty much given up the struggle to study every fine detail. I will somehow go through the week, hopefully manage to clear the end-term hurdle and come back to the second term with fresh enthu.

This week I saw Friends (for about 5 minutes) after a long time. Must have been by far the longest stretch of time I have spent without watching the show since I first saw it 7-8 years ago. For some reason, it did not feel quite as entertaining. The laughter track, in particular, was jarringly out of place most of the time. I wonder why. I do want to watch one full episode of Buffy before the end of term though. Oh those happy days when I watched Buffy as many as times as I could possibly manage! And I could manage thrice a day quite easily during a period when it was being simultaneously broadcast on Star World and some South African channel beaming into my house. I am still quite sure that the first thing I'll buy for my personal use when I start earning any money is a boxed set of Buffy and Angel DVDs.

BTW the tubelight in my room is still not working. This is contributing to my slightly miserable state too. I hope to get it replaced tonight.

1 Comments:

At 9:21 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First Timer
This is my first attempt at blogging so we will see howit goes http://www.usagestatistic.com or register to post comments Affilate Poll What I want most from Linux Gazette: More blogs More hard-core, technical ...
Hi There, just blog surfing and came across yours – like it!
I have a affirmations site. It is all to do with affirmations related things.
Check it out if you find the time :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home