Words...and words

Thursday, August 25, 2005

'Vella'er by the day

I am not certain what vella means, but I heard it often enough in WIMWI to guess its approximate meaning as "having nothing important to do". Some of us have certainly become vella after T-Nite.

Today after yet another quiz-less day (We have had only 1 short quiz this week, after 5 in the last week. We anticipate 7 quizzes for next week), we proceeded to play cricket. There were initially 10 of us, later rising to 13. We played box cricket. The talent in WIMWI does not extend to this game, atleast if we go by today's play. Everyone was outdoing each other in their show of nonperformance. People were getting bowled off full-tosses! I managed to bag a nice haul of wickets, by the simple expedient of being so poor a bowler that the batsmen couldn't resist hitting me for six after six - sixes are, of course, disallowed in box cricket! We had a good time. Unfortunately our Operations prof passed us during the game. I wonder what he was thinking - we had no time to prepare his case on Tuesday (see this post), yet here we were with bat and ball!

The lack of sleep is a strange thing. I could manage with 5 hours of sleep reasonably well. But since last week, I have been trying to increase my sleep time. But as I sleep longer, I seem to require even more of it. Yesterday I slept for about 6 hours. Yet I was feeling quite sleepy in the evening. Or perhaps it was the effect of the ID reading (Individual Dynamics - a mostly silly course which tells us obvious things about people's behaviour, which I don't believe one can change much anyway).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home