Words...and words

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

DBabble

As I write this, I am also chatting with Shobhit, Simrin and TOEFL on WIMWI's online notice and discussion board. It's called DBabble and it has ensured that whatever little incentive students have to meet each other during really hectic times is no more. We've actually solved an entire IC assignment (albeit an easy one) by discussing it on DBabb! It's not all that different from actually sitting together and solving it!

But more pervasive than the instant messaging are the Notice Boards (NBs). Every interest group has one and any information of the slightest utility is posted there (and much that is useless too). Today on Section D's NB about 150 messages were posted, and there are still 90 minutes before midnight.

I guess this is not very novel at all for most savvy computer users. But I have never actively used chat rooms before and for me this is a fun experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home