Words...and words

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Cracking Under Pressure

The pressure cooker is now softening the toughest of skins. The cracks in the discipline of the students are beginning to show. Almost one month after classes began, for the first time, a student was late in my class (late by barely 2-3 minutes). Luckily the professor did not say much to him. It's testimony to WIMWI's reputation and the awe the students hold its culture in, that such a thing did not happen before, even though almost everyone here on average sleeps at 3 am. But the reserves of people have finally run out and there are hints that some are throwing in the towel. Quizzes are now greeted with an air of resignation, rather than excitement or anxiety.


The only subject where attendance is optional, Quantitative Methods, saw 5-6 students missing the class today. I myself am thinking of skipping tomorrow's QM class. Today I was unable to continue my battle against sleep and was forced to nod off (for a few seconds at a time) in the first two classes.

But the spirit isn't dead yet. As I write, at 2:30 am, a girl campaigning for the post of PGP1 representative is in my dorm going from door to door, asking for support. And of course, as I no doubt will relate in the third week of August, T-nite is yet to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home