Words...and words

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Management, Vastrapur


That's what I said to the autowalla after getting out of Crossword. There was simply no time to loiter around and browse through the hundreds of books on the shelves. Only time to finish the business of getting a copy of the latest offering from Rowling. I awaited the release of Harry Potter's next adventure for over two years. Unfortunately I reached WIMWI before the Half-Blood Prince reached me. I was unsure whether I would be wise to get HP here. After all when the last volume came out, I had bought it within 3 hours of release and finished it in 30 hours straight - something I couldn't afford to do here. But my spirit prevailed and I got the book on the day it was released. But no chance of reading it before a week is up. After all there's Operations to be read!

The Ahmedabad Crossword is, I was surprised to note, better than the flagship store in Bombay. It's almost as large and has a more varied collection of books, while the Bombay store is stuffed with too much management and pulp fiction.

Also did some project research with my study group (Shobhit, Simrin, Toefl, and Amit) on a restaurant named Birmies close to the campus. Have to do it for the Operations course. Made some progress but not enough. It's going to be a long night.

Went out to Cafe Upper Crust for dinner with my dormies. Nice sizzlers, though I managed to order a sizzler which was simply noodles, fried rice and manchurian mixed together. Not bad though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home