Words...and words

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Contemplating events in Bombay

Five working days and no quiz! What has happened to my beloved WIMWI? Everyone is complaining, "Why are we paying these fees, if we'll not be tested properly? We demand a partial refund!"

On the flip side, the past three days have been very relaxed. I easily managed to sleep before 2:30 am yesterday and the day before. Should be able to do the same tonight. And then it's the weekend!

The rains which wrought havoc in Bombay reached here today. They were harbingers of coolness though, relieving us of the intense heat. I still can't grasp the enormity of the wet, wet day in Bombay - the highest rain to fall in one place in one day ever in India! My family was not much affected, but sadly so many in my hometown incurred property damage and worse. Some of my friends' flights to the US were delayed. My sister told me that Bombayites did join forces to help each other. I wish the spirit of Bombay stays forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home