Words...and words

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Accusations of RG :)

Every weekend most of us in dorm 18 go outside WIMWI for dinner. I thought this time would be no different. I innocently posted on DBabb asking if we were indeed going out. Since mid-terms begin on Monday, everyone is busy mugging and if I have nothing much to do or I pretend that I have nothing much to do, I must be RGing (Since WIMWI follows Relative Grading, anyone who tries to exploit this is said to be using RG). Some of the others did not take to this very kindly and accused me of being a show-off(not too seriously, of couse). How rude!

Of course, I was not being that innocent. Showing off was part of the fun (though I was also genuinely wondering if we were going to a restaurant). It's been over 3 years since I was in a position to relax 36 hours before a fairly important exam began. That does not mean I did not relax before engineering exams, but that was the relaxation of someone who knew he would do badly come what may. I can now relax knowing that I have done my best.

I am sure I will make spectactular blunders in the exams, but I am also sure that nothing I study now will prevent them. So I am taking things coolly, till one paper goes really badly. Till the good times last, why not enjoy them.

At the same time, I know I have a manner of speaking which is not the most tactful. Crossing the line between frankness and insensitive rudeness is a frequent occurence with me. I can only plead my ignorance of understanding people as a defence.

1 Comments:

At 10:24 am, Blogger AC said...

"position to relax 36 hours before.." Bloody hell! This is psychological warfare at its cruellest! And u've teamed up with Chhedi to DBabb ppl abt it on the eve of the exams! Here I am contemplating ditching OM work altogether an you're RGing like nobody's business...

In punishment for ur despicable tactics, I curse u to drop from I-Schol 1 to I-Schol 2!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home