Words...and words

Thursday, August 18, 2005

A game of football (and economics)

I will continue with my T-Nite posts later, as they deserve to be written in detail. And I'm feeling too sleepy now (I know it's only 11:00, but for once I want to sleep before midnight).

After T-Nite, the humdrum of regular classes has resumed. After a long, long break of over three weeks, quizzes have begun too. On Tuesday everyone expected a quiz. It was quite a sight when the quiz notice board was clear. Everyone was completely bewildered. "What is happening?" was a frequent query. Wednesday bought things back to normal with a MANAC quiz (and an HR quiz in class). We now expect the quizzes to continue every other day for the next three weeks. Today an IC quiz was held. Everyone was scared, as Visual Basic was expected to be tested and no one was too confident about their VB skills. After lunch I went to class and discussed whatever I could with some others for an hour. But the quiz turned out to be the easiest we are ever likely to face in WIMWI. It was meant to last for 30 minutes, but most left before half-time. No complaints though, I'm quite happy with an A for everyone in class.

After the quiz, we decided to play some football. After a lone tennis game, this was the second time I played something here. It was enjoyable, though a bit tiring.

After the football game, I went for an economics research experiment being organised by one of the professors here. I went there both to be part of the research and also to earn some money - there was the possibility of earning a couple of hundred bucks during this research game. The game itself was very strange with just one question needed to be answered, that too by only half the subjects present. I hope I get some moolah for my meagre efforts. Payout's tomorrow - I hope for the best!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home