Words...and words

Saturday, October 08, 2005

A good weekend at last

It's been a great weekend so far. There was a class on Saturday afternoon, but there were no readings for the class. No company presentations over the weekend either.

I had a nice time at the NID garba yesterday. This was the first time I had been to a garba, despite living in Bombay for 21 years. There were almost as many WIMWIans there as people from NID, with a sprinkling of MICAns. No prizes for who the worst dancers were. WIMWI may be the best B-School in Asia, but dancing and similar arts are not our core competence (I do not want to discount notable exceptions of course, but the average level is quite clear)! Still I enjoyed the two hours there and even learnt a few steps - just enough to participate, though I completely embarrassed myself.


After coming back we spent some time in the lawns of WIMWI playing antakshari (Technically the game is called 'Rapid' I guess. It involves picking up a word from the existing song and beginning the song with it).

Tonight there was a joyous celebration of Thoku's birthday. His birthday was actually a month ago and we had celebrated it in his hospital room, but we felt a fitting celebration was due. Everyone in the section was anxious that Thoku get fitting rewards for his contributions in the class. And the rousing round of bumps he received confirmed the need for a grand celebration!

I next played badminton. Poor Arnab from Section B, whom I was paired with. He played quite well, but I am so bad that we ended up losing both our doubles' games!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home