Words...and words

Monday, October 24, 2005

Winter cometh

Ahmedabad has become colder in the last ten days or so. The nights have become distinctly prickly for someone like me who prefers a cauldron to a freezer any day. I wonder how cold winter shall be in WIMWI, as I look forward to crossing the 30-days-outside-Bombay mark.

With winter come the summer placements and life becomes really hectic. Plus, my goofing around has increased manifold too. So here I am, typing into this blog at 5:30 am, hoping to catch 2 hours of sleep before going to class, where I'll naturally sleep some more.

Insight, WIMWI's disguised marketing research fair, was held on Sunday. This is an annual fair, where localites are invited to have some fun while becoming unwitting guinea pigs for marketing research being done for various companies. Much to my chagrin, I was not part of any team which managed to bag an Insight project, though there were 16 on offer. So I had to content myself with taking part as a guest, watching a movie quiz and participating in one of the research games. It was good fun still.


On Sunday too, TAS gave us a preplacement talk (For those not in the know, TAS is the managerial cadre of the Tata group from where many of the senior managers are selected). For various reasons, I cannot get into the details of our placement process on this blog. But I will mention TAS. For some years now, the Tata group of companies has enthralled me. It is because of many factors, the most important being the sense of history associated with the group, the values it embodies and the breadth of job opportunities in the group. I was a bit apprehensive about the presentation, lest a bad show sully my impression of the organisation. Luckily the presentation was very good, and TAS remains my favourite company. Atleast for the summer process, where I should be willing to experiment (my primary interests lie in the financial sector). Of course, who knows what I'll choose on the actual day (if I do manage to get into TAS, plus one or more other firms).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home