Words...and words

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

A Litany of Woe

Not a good day today. The finance paper in the morning went well, but afterwards came two major blows.

Economics is my favourite subject in WIMWI and I was really unhappy that I messed up. The paper was not difficult, but I was unprepared and possibly a bit overconfident.

As I returned after the paper and checked the online notice board, I saw that the interview shortlist for TAS was out. And I was absent from the list. Within minutes, my spirits sank (Whenever I get bad news, it is always a few minutes before it registers properly). TAS is a firm I would have given an arm for. There is a flicker of hope that the shortlist will be expanded, but I am pretty much resigned to missing the bus this time.

Only thing that I can do is to really work hard during the next one year, pick up my grades and ensure a good rank in the first year. Then I will be able to make to it to TAS' list in the final placements. That's a long way away though, and I have my current internship interviews to manage.

We had a final company presentation this evening. It was an "interesting" talk and lifted my spirits. Summer placements begin tomorrow, though my interviews will probably be held from the 12th onwards. "If music be the food of love, play on," said Orsino in the memorable opening of the Twelfth Night. It has no relevance here...I just like the line!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home