Words...and words

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Weekend's here

This was a rather difficult week. I know I need to study more than I have been lately, but somehow sliding into old habits is much too easy. Six months ago, television was the bane of my productivity. Now, it is the Net. I am wasting time reading the same web-sites day after day (even when I know that there is no major update expected), or googling "Tata" once every eight hours, or sometimes even staring in front of the screen hoping to think of something worthwhile to write in this space.

The cold is not helping much either. After sunset, all I can think of in my room is to snuggle under my blanket and go off to sleep. The library is luckily rather warm, even a bit too warm, almost like April in Bombay. It's the only place where I've been able to study recently. Still, my time wasting has reached such an extent that yesterday I went to the library, and within minutes fell asleep on the table!

And for some reason, I have been unable to concentrate at all in classes. Even in economics, in which we have a very good professor and though that I like the subject immensely. It is like a return to engineering days, with commensurate marks.

Today was a welcome end to the week, and I also look forward to the two-day holiday next weekend.

Had a lovely evening in the company of my best friends in WIMWI today. We went to "Curries" for dinner. I was treating, to celebrate my impending internship in Japan and to acknowledge all they have done for me over the past five months. I discovered there that Titli is a vegetarian by choice. This was the first time I'd meet anyone who had become vegetarian for non-religious, non-medical reasons. Not that I'm interested in persuading anyone about my views - but it is kind of pleasing to meet someone who perhaps shares my opinion about something I feel strongly about.

Then, we celebrated Hookie's birthday in the dorm. I'd joined a dorm birthday after a very long time (probably after the first term) - during the last celebration I was in Bombay. Had fun, during the birthday, and afterwards listening to rather nice songs, audible from his room into mine. Hope that more dorm birthdays are in the offing soon.



The fifth term for the tucchas has ended and the campus once more belongs to the facchas. The foreign students who were ubiquitous during the term have left or will leave soon too. It is nice to have foreign students in campus, though frankly I did not interact with any of them too much. WIMWIans abroad on an exchange visit will return to campus with the other tucchas on December 18. Looking forward to seeing old faces in the dorm again :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home