Words...and words

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Heading to Tokyo

My destination for the summer internship has been decided. I will spend next summer working for Merrill Lynch in Japan. Should be a very interesting experience. I have spent my life looking westward and learning about Europe, North America and the Arab and Persian worlds. Suddenly I will encounter eastern Asia close up. I better get started on Japanese soon :)

Confluence, WIMWI's international fest, started today. The campus is flooded with students from different corners of the country and the world. Eminent personalities like Kumar Managalam Birla, Subhir Raha and Arun Shourie will address audiences during the 4 day event. Our dorm went for dinner tonight with students from MDI, Great Lakes and NMIMS. I mostly talked to the NM people. One of them is from DJ Sanghvi too - a year senior to me. Another is from Jamnabai, stays in Juhu and knows Mrunal.

Movies were screened late in the night. I have just come back after watching "My Sassy Girl" - a Korean comedy with a very romantic ending. The funny scenes as well as the senti ones were very good. The sound of the Korean language, particularly the voice of the main actress, is quite hard, but the words tend to end in vowels like "aa"... my vocabulary is not varied enough to describe the sound well. I really liked the flick though. Hope to see more such movies this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home