Words...and words

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Dull days

Not much to write about. Except that I'm happy that Natwar Singh has finally stopped embarrassing himself, the government and the country and resigned from the cabinet. Why he was allowed to remain a minister for over a month after his name appeared in the Volcker report is quite mystifing.

I have had three rather unproductive days. Did some work in marketing, but otherwise the only worthwhile things I did were watching "Cowboy Bebop" (Japanese anime TV show) and reading Hitchhikers Guide and 'My Name is Red'. Have been reading both the books for a long time, but only in the last month have I really picked up any pace. Through 40% of Hitchhikers and a quarter of Red now. Hope to get started on the others on my long list soon by early January.


We had a poster exhibition in LKP today. It was part of the ISPE course. We had to make and display posters/exhibits on various themes of our choice. Our group chose "Cleaning Water Bodies in Cities." We only began work yesterday night, stayed up till a relatively modest 2:30 am and were ready with our poster. Though TOEFL had drawn the poster very well, our idea was not particularly imaginative. Some groups presented their ideas in creative fashion. Group 14 made a rather high-impact 'banner' about street children and deserved the first prize that they won. Good show, fellas!

Tomorrow's an announced economics quiz - a rarity in this place. Better get some reading done tonight. Though I also want to sleep early. Today I only managed to get up at 8:45 am and reaching my classroom, over 200m away, before 9 am proved impossible (I was about a minute late to accounts class today).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home