Words...and words

Sunday, March 12, 2006

College friends

Had a fairly nice trip to Bombay, including a visit to the Consulate of Japan to apply for my visa. I went with Jolly who seemed to have a swell time playing with Vrisha in my home. After getting the visa, Jolly and I walked on Marine Drive from Chowpatty to Churchgate station. For me, this is a dream walk, capable of raising my spirits howsoever low they are, that I think I can enjoy day in day out (though I have never acually walked on the road for even two successive days). The sight of the University Tower and the BSE building coupled with a short trip to Oxford bookstoremade me quite happy. Still, would have liked to spend more time in Town that day, had I no other unescapable work to attend to.

Have developed this strange and largely disagreeable habit of drinking tea/coffee at night. I even took my sister to CCD on Friday night along with Jolly just out of habit, I think (Plus, I wanted to drive the car!).

The next day, I went to Dara's Dhaba for Neha's treat. The long drive to Dahisar meant that I covered both ends of Bombay in my short trip. There were 12 of us there including me, and it was naturally very enjoyable to spend time with them. Luckily most of my friends who are in India have been posted in either Bombay or Pune, and they make it a point to arrange a meet every weekend so that everyone stays in close touch. Hence, whenever I've been to Bombay (and I been there 8 times), I have always been to meet someone or the other, and always atleast one or two are 'irregular' visitors like me. This time I met Devesh after over two months, what with his training in Hyderabad going on till last week. He was posted to Madras, but luckily swapped his location with someone in Pune. Of course WIMWIans know how useful swaps can be! I hope the others including Ankit can manage the Pune swap too.

Haven't been keeping touch with US friends lately. This is what happens, I guess, when one stays up till 4 am typing out a blog that no one even reads. But did chat with Tanay and Rushil today. I hope that everyone there enjoys their spring break. Can't wait until December, when most of the US gang is back in Bombay!

1 Comments:

At 5:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember the last time I took a walk on Marine Drive. It is truly a lasting memory. Marine drive for me is the identity of bombay. So much so that when I entered Toronto I was reminded of Marine Drive - Lake Ontario to the right and tall skyscrapers to the left! I have never missed Bombay more than that...Here is looking forward to december. Oh btw and someone does read your blog quite regularly ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home