Words...and words

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Cake at last!

It was after over 5 years that I had cake in my mouth. The force with which Chhedi smeared my face was enough to push bits of the cake into my digestive system. Don't think I had too much cake though...spat as much out as I could. Cakes a big no-no for me. I was happier with my Fruit & Nut, logical contradictions notwithstanding. Thus ended my birthday celebration - a thoroughly enjoyable experience :)


The party began with the usual birthday invite being sent out to campus in the form of a Powerpoint presentation. And as usual D18's invite was ready about 30 minutes before the party. But Prostee, Moti and Jolly had done a great job - I really liked the invite! Kammo and Thoku presented me a guidebook on Japan and a biography of JRD Tata. I love books, and such appropriate ones are to die for! A reasonable crowd, mostly from Section D, turned up. Luckily Thoku has instituted a no bumps policy in the section recently and I was amongst the first beneficiaries. In any case, people for some reason tend to treat me with kid gloves (and I'm quite grateful for that!). So the beatings I received were not too painful. After the traditional rounds of wrestling (so embarrassing to be defeated by even someone like Moti), bumps and "Power of..." (won't bother explaining), it was time to cut the cake. My Guest of Honour was Titli - she would be the one doing the cake smearing in the public celebrations. Round one was done with cake on my face and in my ears. Then, cake, cold drinks and wafers served to the guests, it was time for them to 'katlofy' and for the dorm's second, private, celebration to begin.


And Chhedi was responsible for the second round of smearing. What happened has already been described.


The rest of day was nothing too fancy. But I did get phone calls and emails from quite a few friends. Especially pleased to talk to Manas and Nishaat after a very long time. Thanks guys! All in all, not a bad way to mark the day when Galileo was born, and when I began my 23rd year of existence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home