Words...and words

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Term-end highs

The last class of the second term was the finance class yesterday afternoon. My high attendance continued in this term. Out of about 180 classes, I missed 3 - all on the day I had gone to Bombay to give the NCFM exam. Of course, mental attendance is quite another matter, and in this respect, I managed to cross the half-way mark on the road to engineering attendance levels!

Jingle Bell
Jingle Bell
Jingle all the way
O what fun it is to sit
In an Eco class daydreaming everyday
(Pathetic, I know...but that's all I can manage)

The past three years have been incredibly wonderful ones. My friendships became deeper and more meaningful as I began overcoming stupidity and shyness. I improved my behaviour with my parents and my sister, though not with my other relatives (Perhaps that can go on the to-do list for 2006). My reading habits strengthened and I had a lovely time reading books as varied as Twelfth Night, The Mughal Empire and Lord of the Rings. I managed to graduate engineering without failing in any more subjects. Learnt some German, again and again. Most pleasing of all though, was watching Vrisha grow up into a smart, though extremely mischievous child. Though effort has not been lacking on my part to mess things up, I have been very fortunate all these years and I can't recall any significant "bad" that has afflicted me.

The second term has seen my happy days continuing. The process of overcoming shyness is well on its way to success, though the stupidity part has a long way to go. After getting acquainted to the new environs of WIMWI in the first term, this term was quite comfortable. Studies took a backseat pretty much from the start. Initially, the placements process took up a lot of time. I think I attended about three dozen company presentations (will give exact stats later) - some good, but most rather dull. In the fortnight before placements, it was fun to see how everyone suddenly seemed to have rediscovered news and newspapers. Events like Insight and Confluence were superb, though I was not much involved with the former. I celebrated my best Diwali in years with friends at Prof. Errol's place and at the LKP. Today there was a rather nice party to celebrate Christmas (Prof. Errol was present at dinner in the mess today - singing carols with his and other faculty's children. To use words which Kammo often uses, "He really is too cute!")

Twice in this term, I was really sad and in the dumps. The first was when I was not shortlisted by TAS (read this entry). Within 30 hours, I was selected by Merrill Lynch and headed to an internship abroad. The second incident will go unelaborated, though it too ended very well for me. My run of luck continues...

My friendships have become much stronger, especially in my dorm and study group. This term my dependence on my friends increased greatly and I've been much the better for that. My contact with buddies from DJ also blossomed, with our Google group becoming quite active since October. In this period too, my reading habit has rejuvenated and I should be back to my pre-WIMWI days next term. Hope that my writing recovers too.

All in all, a really wonderful term. Hope that the term-end exams do not sully the memories much :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home