Words...and words

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Random thoughts

Since I have been sitting in the library for rather long hours these days, I have not been able to find time to update this blog. Or think of things to write about.

Marketing classes have become very good in the last two weeks. After the disappointment before the mid-terms, another professor has been teaching our class. He is rather verbose, but lately his explanations of issues that arise in the introduction of new products and variants have been quite insightful. Plus he has a rather sharp wit and that makes his classes really enjoyable.

Our finance professor is quite amazing too. He had interviewed me during the selection process and we had a rather involved discussion about medieval Indian political history. He interviewed Chhedi as well, and they seemed to have talked about wildlife in India. And his finance classes often seem like lectures in philosophy! Some people really know everything :)

I went to Crossword day-before-yesterday (the 12th). Got yet another book to add to my frighteningly long to-read list. John Keegan's "Intelligence in War" promises to be about the value and limitations of intelligence in military conflicts. Interesting cases from Napoleon to the Battle of the Midway...will have to wait till third term before I begin it though.

I have acclimatised to the cold rather well. In November, I could hardly stand stepping out of my room after 7 pm. Now I roam around campus at midnight without my sweater. In Bombay, a catching a cold during the transition to peak winter in December was a normal occurence for me. This year, so far, I have avoided any illness. WIMWI's climate seems to agree with me. Hope it stays that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home