Words...and words

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Troubling week

Didn't imagine that the week immediately following the mid-terms would be quite so painful. Partly on account of my return to colossal time wasting (actually, I never really deviated from that!), partly because of some news gathering work that I volunteered for (see explanation below) and mostly because of work relating to WAC and an Independent Project (IP) that I am going to do next year, time suddenly became a precious commodity.

Right now, I just finished eating an orange - my second for the day. Have recently taken up eating fruits regularly. Used as I was to being pampered at home and being served all kinds of fruits by Mom (on a platter, literally), after coming to WIMWI, my consumption of fruits nosedived. I am trying to improve my eating habits again. This week though, with sleep being reduced to 5 hours a day, my tea and coffee intake has shot through the roof.

About the news gathering - Flippy, Geela and I form an 'elite' team of volunteers who job it is to collate the important news of the day from various sources into a single document. The daily documents should be helpful to the tucchas during their upcoming placements. I really enjoy browsing through news sites and going through global share, bond and currency market data while preparing these news summaries. Both my experiences with volunteering for PlaceCom (the previous one being during our summer placements, of course) have been the best ones of all the extracurricular activities I have taken part in WIMWI, save T-Nite.

Have finally come close to deciding a topic for an IP in the 4th term. With the deadline of 6th March looming, Titli and I, in line with time-honoured WIMWIan tradition, should be able to prepare the proposal for the project just in time! I want to do another IP in the 5th term too, though I am not sure if I'll stick to economics or explore operations or finance.

I have to first deal with a closer deadline though. The last WAC assignment is due in about 36 hours. Lizzy, Sheru, Dash and I are working on a report on the luxury hotel segment in India. 4000 words - and this time I am determined to do better work than I usually do for WAC. That will mean two nightouts in a row, I guess.

As it is 3 am now, I better get back to WAC...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home