Words...and words

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

London, Day 2: Dreams fulfilled

Today was a long day - left my hostel at 9:30 in the morning and was out till 11 at night! After a wasted day yesterday, today I spent my time more usefully and covered many sites. Went to the Buckingham Palace in the morning and then walked through Westminster Abbey. I was primarily looking forward to seeing Newton's tomb in the Abbey, but unfortunately I could not find it. The Abbey itself is a bit cluttered with tombs and memorials of hundreds of people, but the atmosphere and the architecture is still quite wonderful.

Took a ride on the London Eye in the afternoon. Today was a sunnier day than yesterday, and the views from the top of the Eye were magnificent. Walked along the South Bank of the Thames, and saw The Comedy of Errors in the Globe Theatre to round off the day (Sorry, will have to wrap up now...the cybercafe I am sitting in will close now).

Photo: Just before the play began in The Globe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home