Words...and words

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Back to WIMWI

Will continue to write about my travels in and around Tokyo intermittently, but feel like writing about my experience of tucchadom as well :)

Coming back to WIMWI two weeks ago felt very good. I suddenly realised how much I have come to love the brick walls, the paved paths and the many lawns and gardens of the Old Campus. The heat in Ahmedabad has been rather bothersome, and I can't wait for the rains to hit town, but everything else evokes a sense of familiarity and belonging. As the new batch of facchas entered campus, memories of last year's first few days on campus came rushing back - the dorm tempo shouts, gyaan sessions, and of course, dorm names. Today we met the new Section D and I began to rewind to memories of the most memorable event of last year - T-Nite :) What a great week that was!

Even better has been meeting with friends again. I pretty much started off where I had left off at the end of term 3 - have gone out for dinner on most nights this fortnight. I shifted from room 13 to 17 to take advantage of the better breeze and the better view. Moti, Chhedi and Khajoor have all shifted to the first floor. Additionally I only managed to buy a 250 ml Frooti bottle on my first day back and have not upgraded since. Hence, a lot of my time in the dorm is spent either walking downstairs to meet with the guys or upstairs to fill my water-bottle.

Too sleepy to write any further...have to wake up early for a class on entrepreneurship tomorrow. Will write more soon, both about Japan and about WIMWI :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home