Words...and words

Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Travel Itch

Spend much of the afternoon today walking around the Fort area in south Bombay. Saw the buildings housing David Sassoon Library opposite Kala Ghoda (At one time a statue of King George V atop a horse stood there, now it has been shifted to Rani Baug, I think), Bombay University and the High Court. For the first time, I noticed the rounded, semicircular side of the Bombay University building. I like stone buildings generally, and especially those built in Gothic style!

I am now determined to take a vacation in January. Have done some financial planning, and taking the trip (in conjunction with paying off the loan I took to fund my European travels, and replacing the laptop and camera I lost there) into account, I will not be able to begin saving till March 2008. Not too sure how prudent that is, but the travel bug has taken hold of me :) Still have to finalise the destination, but leaning towards Greece (and also considering Australia). There's enough time to plan and work out the details. The only hitch - will my boss give me leave?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home