Words...and words

Monday, July 16, 2007

Memories and Perverse Pleasures

Today's NY Times has an article about German consumerism and an advertising strategy ("German Ad World Declares the End of a Catchy Slogan"). What interested me most though, was not the short discussion of changing consumer behaviour at different points of an economic cycle, but the simple memory evoked by the tagline of Saturn, a music and electronics store, "Geiz ist geil!" (Stinginess is cool!). I bought one of my first ever music CDs in a Saturn store (Ein Neuer Tag, by Juli). Living in Cologne was fun, and I sure would like to go back there sometime, preferably in summer to laze on the lawns of the Uni. The Christmas markets are very wonderful too though :)

Tonight I was about to call a friend. Suddenly I realised that "The Soup Nazi" episode of Seinfeld would be playing. I messaged my friend, "Can I call you at 11:30 please?" "The Soup Nazi" is a classic episode! How can a bunch of people be so self-consumed and inconsiderate towards others, and yet be such an absolute pleasure to watch?!" I guess it's my wicked side that loves Seinfeld ;)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home